Workload Automation Consultant
We are seeking an WLA Consultant in our Professional Services Department for commencement in November. This position will be located in our newly designed Ottawa office and will report to the Director of Professional Services.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of proven implementation experience with WLA solutions and strong knowledge of IT operations. Past work experience with industry leading providers of help desk, IT service management, asset management, network and systems management or similar technologies a definite plus.
This role is heavily dedicated to working directly with customer system administrators and will require frequent travel. The ideal candidate needs to have very strong communication skills, know how to set appropriate expectations with the customer and the company and be comfortable working in IT shops from five people to the hierarchy of a Fortune 500 company.
The WLA Consultant will represent the customer’s requirements throughout the implementation lifecycle. Therefore, they must be able to articulate complex solutions to the company’s development and support teams for resolution or advancement to enhancement request.
The WLA Consultant will be responsible for on-site and remote support of a customer’s implementation. This is a consulting role with a heavy slant toward the technical aspects of a deployment.
- Provide leadership on the development of the Business Intelligence and architecture, for new service deployment and lifecycle management
- Implement designs, taking into consideration company and industry best practices
- Prepares thorough technical documentation on the systems and programs developed
- Responsible for a leading role in the development of commercial-grade software applications
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 50% – Travel may vary and be irregular in order to meet the objectives of employment and to accommodate the changing needs of the Company
Job Requirements, Essential
- BMC Control-M (or equivalent) design and implementation experience.
- Progressive experience in maintaining, designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions.
- Networking and Systems Administration background in Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Process Design Experience
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Strong professional image.
- Ability to focus, work well, and remain even keeled under pressure.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet key deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and provide quality output with minimal supervision/direction.
- Can communicate and interact effectively at all levels of an organization.
Job Requirements, Desirable
- Project management skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Programming (HTML, JAVA)
- Configuration management and deployment of applications
Please email your resume in .DOC or .PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org