Does the constant flow of application updates and patches overload limited IT resources? Are your maintenance costs skyrocketing because of shifting business requirements, employee growth, and the rapidly changing face of technology?
If your IT department can ensure that all devices are running the same version of a particular software and have all the same patches applied, it can offer a higher level of support. Instead of wasting time supporting multiple configurations and relationships, it can focus on critical business issues.
Implementing the RJR Software Configuration strategy will:
- automate application installations, updates, repairs and removals through a single, multipurpose process
- reduce administrative costs by defining and enforcing continual compliance and by initiating corrective action on any compliance exceptions
- supply automatic, continuous, and policy-based patch updates through patch management
- provide extensive and accurate inventory data for servers, desktops and laptops through inventory management
- manage and monitor license use allowing organizations to redirect unused licenses to where they are most needed
- ensure software meets industry-standard best practices and compliance standards such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)